Tuesday, September 28, 2010

True Love

Things that prove you must really love your children:

~you are called all sorts of "pleasant" names when you ask for help, but you still melt everytime they hug you.

~ thinking that a sweet baby's smile makes the fact that same baby just spit up an entire meal down your cleavage all worth while.

~ Sleepless nights because you are worried about the choices you children are making....I don't know what moron out there said kids are easier when they get older!  You know it is bad that my teenager keeps me up more than my baby!

~ when playing becomes more important than productivity...these are the moments that we all remember!

~ repeating yourself over and over yet everyone acts as this is the first time they have ever heard this statement come from your mouth!

~ NEVER giving up...even though it sounds easier! 

~ Dragging your children to church kicking and screaming because you hope that one day they will understand why it is important to you and hope they will find importance in it as well.

~  NOT pounding their heads together when they sit and argue over EVERYTHING!  Seriously, WHY is everything a competition?

~ Letting kids make their own choices but watch them fail....this one is hard for me.  It is an important lesson we all must learn and I think the younger we learn it the better off we will be. 

~ A king sized bed is still not big enough because there is always several children that end up in your bed each night, yet you can't quite go to sleep without one of their arms legs jabbing you in the back.


This list could go on and on.  The biggest indicator to me that I must really love my children is that it is by far the HARDEST thing I have ever done with my life and the most rewarding.   I am really blessed to have my children...which is something I need to be reminded of at times that they are driving me crazy.  Nobody ever really explains the intense change that children bring to your life.  Many are wonderful in the strangest ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment