Saturday, September 11, 2010

FREEDOM


I remember 9 years ago fairly clearly...which is amazing in its self.  I had just woke up to take care of my sweet boys, I had a 3 month old who was the sweetest thing, and I turned on the TV out of habit.  What I saw changed my life.  Changed my perspective of life.  Changed my ideas about freedom.  Changed my ideas about what it means to have pride and patriotism for my country.   I will forever remember the somberness in the air everywhere you went.  I remember seeing the video of the plane that had hit the first tower and the sickening feeling I had then to actually witness the 2nd plane crashing into the 2nd tower just made my heart ache...you knew that there were hundreds of souls lost in that moment.  I did not know one person that was hurt or killed but I felt immense pain for them and their loss.  I remember seeing documentaries about the babies that were born that year that never met their fathers...it still makes me cry.  I had to work that day but I remember driving home and seeing the massive flag that Macey's grocery store has and it meant something to me.  Something more than it ever had before.  I was a statement of freedom!  I somewhat understood what others had gone through to give me the freedoms that I have.  All I can say is thank you!  Thank you for giving your time, your loved ones and your lives for me, for the future generations of people you would never meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment