Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School days

So the boys started school  and I should be the oh so excited mom with them in all day long right?  WRONG!!!   I am a mom that enjoys taking my kids places...even when they don't appreciate it because I know that they are learning things each time I take them somewhere new....and one day they will appreciate the "adventures".  My oldest is now in 8th grade and can I tell you how OLD that makes me feel?  I met my husband in 8th grade!  It puts into perspective that the choices he is making right now will affect him for the remainder of his life!!!  I just hope that we have built a strong foundation and that he will make choices that will make him a happy person.   My "baby" boy is now starting 1st grade... how did this happen????   I am so grateful that we still half day kindergarten because I would have died if I had to let him go all day any sooner than I am!  I Love being able to have carefree days to go and do what we want but i suppose that school structure is important...and heaven knows I am not capable of home schooling my babies!  My other two boys are in 4th and 5th grade now!  I still remember the days of them being toddlers and kind of wishing for this day to come ....man I really do miss those days!  All I can hope for is that I have not wasted too much time anticipating future events and that I have learned to enjoy the the time we have now...at every stage of life.   I am so incredibly grateful for the blessing of having my baby girl...and I am learning more every day that maybe the big space between her and the boys is a wonderful thing.  It gives me more time to enjoy each thing that she is doing...and it also helps me to look at the boys and appreciate the things they are doing as well because it seems like yesterday they were the baby.  I hope that each of my boys have an amazing experience this school year learning new things and making new friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment